Local Electricians in Temecula: Commercial Building Electrical Maintenance List
Electrical systems form the backbone of every commercial building, but this facility maintenance checklist is often overlooked. If you’re not keeping up with your commercial building maintenance checklist, your building may end up without a dependable source of electricity. Long-term neglect of electrical equipment can result in expensive repairs, equipment failures, heightened safety and property threats, and more.
Keep your building safe and maintained with our commercial building electrical maintenance checklist below.
Commercial Building Electrical Maintenance Checklist
Everyone has their list of routine maintenance items for the electrical systems in their building, but here are some more commercial building electrical maintenance checklist items to consider:
Here are some more commercial building electrical maintenance checklist items to consider:
- Check all light fixtures for loose connections and broken or cracked sockets. Ensure that all fixtures are securely mounted to the ceiling, walls, or other fixtures.
- Check the lighting levels in all rooms, staircases, and hallways. Make sure at least 50% of the light is working at all times. Replace any blown bulbs. If you can’t find the source of a burnt-out bulb, make sure to have a technician come in and fix it ASAP.
- Identify any dimly lit areas and replace burned-out bulbs as quickly as possible. A good rule of thumb is that if you can read a book in the area without straining your eyes or having to hold it too close to your face, then you’ve got plenty of light. Check for any dark corners or shadows that could become tripping hazards. And make sure that the lights are evenly distributed across the entire floor.
- If you notice that any light fixtures show signs of corrosion, rust, or wear, get them replaced right away.
- Make sure the meter panel door is secure and that it’s not missing any parts (like a lock).
- Ensure that there aren’t any signs of water damage or rust around the meter panel.
- Look at the main breaker switches and ensure that they can be turned on and off with ease.
- If the main breaker switches are old, consider replacing them to avoid issues in the future.
- Test all wall outlets for safety, including GFCI ones. Replace all outlet covers with secure ones with good contact between screws, plates, and outlets. Do not use outlet covers where there is a loose screw or faulty connection because this could cause possible electric shock in case of flooding or other accidents.
- Inspect filters and replace them as necessary. Wash dirty filters in warm soapy water, rinse thoroughly and allow them to completely dry before replacing them.
- Inspect the blower wheel and motor housing for dust accumulation and clean them as necessary.
- Clean coils of any dirt accumulation by gently vacuuming the coils or hand scraping the dirt away to prevent dust from being circulated through the system.
- Clean the outdoor condenser unit of leaves, dirt, grass clippings, insects, or other debris that might have accumulated on or around the unit during the season.
- Inspect indoor units for proper airflow by observing if there are any dirty spots on walls or ceilings where the air is blowing into the room/area.
Local Technicians in Temecula
When you’re a business owner, it’s easy to let minor details slip through the cracks. Before you know it, you have a building that’s in disrepair and an electrical system that’s on its last legs. That’s why we’re here: to make sure your commercial property is in tip-top shape with our commercial maintenance services. Your local pros at RB Electrical will help ensure that these things don’t become problems before they turn into catastrophes. Contact us today for a FREE estimate!